I bloody love a good print/press/whatever you can them ad. That moment flipping through a magazine when you can’t quite get past a page; you stop, turn the page and flip back to to take it all in. It’s just as good as that feeling walking past a bus stop, doing a double take and shuffling backwards to have another look. Maybe that’s just me and I’m more easily pleased/simple than I thought.
It’s why I absolutely love the ads below for Expedia with phrases made up from luggage tags. It’s so simple you can hardly believe it hasn’t been done before but that same simplicity makes me just sit and stare. Word on the street/Ben Kay’s blog is that the ads are limited run and have been made just to be entered into awards (where I imagined they’d do pretty well).
The Bon Voi Age ad is my favourite by far (despite the spelling). I actually kind of hate the ‘wish you were here’ one but thought it was worth including. You can see the rest on the Creative Review site.
- American Horror Story – The Asylum has only gone and done the best scene on TV. After being asked her name, Judy, played my Jessica Lange, hallucinates the scene embedded below. It’s pretty incredible.
- The best, or maybe easiest, job ever has just come up. As long as you like cats and and/or cats being on your lap [link]
- A very drunk man on a plane had to be restrained in a very funny way [link]
- A Brazilian cat has been arrested in Brazil for smuggling Brazilian contraband into a Brazilian prison [link]
- A Twitter user, @FindPregnantDog, is using the site (and ALLCAPS) to find a pregnant dog for a kids’ TV show. For some reason I find this absolutely hilarious.
- I found some nice tumblrs. They are: AbandonedPorn (incredible photos of abandoned places), TheLookingGlass (a Disney curated site of photos from their various parks) and PatternBase (a collection of very cool, often headache inducing patterns).
PS I don’t like cats even half as much as it appears
Channel 4 is on a roll. Just last week I was talking about looking forward to their NYE houseparty and ‘bigging up’ last year’s C4 mashup. Since then they’ve announced another mashup in the New Year (which is amazing) and shown this beauty to promote their 2013 horse racing coverage.
While I’m not a fan of horse racing on any level (I don’t even care about the Grand National) I’m absolutely in love with this video. I’m a sucker for anything vaguely ‘behind the scenes’-y and with that fast paced editing I’m always going on about. It feels like a very young ad which I don’t imagine will appeal to the typical racing viewer (which in my head is a sea of McCririck clones) though presumably, that’s the point. The ‘see racing differently’ line is kind of perfect.
Also, Claire Balding, she’s pretty good, isn’t she?
- To celebrate the 25th Anniversaries of Street Fighter and Mega Man the fan-made mashup game, Street Fighter x Mega Man, has been released. For Free. It looks like it’s almost worth having a PC for [video]
- Baby Beckham (not actually a baby anymore) is modelling for Burberry. He looks kind of strange but it’s getting loads of attention [link]
- The DJ Earworm remix of the year has been leaked. Looking forward to seeing the final version with video [video]
- I legitimately have boneitis.
- CHRISTMAS TOMORROW
Video NSFW. You should probably give it a miss if you’re easily offended or not a massive child.
I love you Diesel.