Following a six week(+) hiatus I’ve decided ease myself in gently back to blogging by posting a music video and not much else. Had I posted this when I meant to (4 weeks ago) I’d probably have been the height of cool but now it’s *just* number one.
Bonus points for it being a cool, fan-made video though.
ADDED BLOG ‘HOOK’: currently posting from a hospital
As a long time fan of dogs and the Internet, Pet Collective’s Petodies have been on my radar for some time. Last week, however, they truly outdid themselves taking the catchiest song of the moment and creating their ‘truest to original’ parody yet. In case you’re not familiar with Thrift Shop (shame on you) it’s been included below.
~1.40 of the Thrift Shop video might be the best thing ever
- A guy in New York has made a youtube video/song advertising his spare room. Jury still out on whether this is weird or awesome. Or both [link]
- Following Beyonce’s Superbowl performance her publicist asked Buzzfeed to remove some photos of the performance and the Internet did what only the internet could – troll [link]
- Menswear Dog has only gone and got naked for a Mashable editorial (ps how weird is Mashable now?) [link]
- Shark Puppy is a thing and you should love it [link]
- The horse meat stuff is still happening. In fact, it’s more happening that ever.
- Internet Explorer has made an ad that isn’t awful (and doesn’t feature dubstep). Still have no desire to use IE. Video below.
- Vivienne Westwood is working with The English National Ballet on its latest rebrand. She’s cool so I’m hoping for good things [link]
- A French man has made a very cool web CV in the style of Amazon. It’s kind of convoluted and a pain to get information from but cool idea [link]
- Incorrect video game blamed (also incorrectly?) for a murder in Germany [link]
- A handsome ass Shibu Inu will teach you how to dress [link]
- Some New York restaurants are banning food photography. Good [link]
- Hilda, an 85 year-old gaming granny, has topped BBC Breakfast’s soft news list by being an 85 year-old gaming granny [link]
- Brick Lane has gone 8-bit to mark the release of Wreck-it Ralph (which I could have sworn was released months ago) [link]
- Tesco, horses, burgers. It’s everywhere and it’s boring.
- Series 4 of Face Off has started and it’s absolutely amazing and you should definitely watch it even though you’ve never heard of it.
- There’s a building in Paris with a giraffe walking through it [link]
- LIVE ACTION TOY STORY
Do you remember the Pronunciationmanual videos from last year? You know the ones, the videos with comically mispronounced brands and celebrity names. Granted, some were better than others (especially Justin Bieber and haute couture) but it was pretty funny while it lasted*. It even made it on to the Ellen Show (11 months ago) so you know it was really a ‘thing’.
Well, ever on top of pop culture trends an ad agency has created a version teaching us how to (mis)pronounce the big players in the advertising game. It’s about as funny as a Call Me, Maybe?/Gangnam parody (ie not at all) but people seem to like it. Check it out for yourself and then waste half an hour on the Pronunciation manual channel.
*turns out they’re still making them with a few updates every month
- A labradoodle groomed to look like a lion has been confused for a labrador-sized lion in Virginia [link]
- Some illustrators have put together a video showing the evolution of Nintendo consoles. Video below.
- Damien Hirst has designed this year’s statuette for the BRIT awards. It’s pretty cool [link]
- McDonald’s is giving away 15 millions books as Happy Meal ‘toys’ [link]
- A new pair of Pokemon games is coming to the 3DS in October. I am so excited I can’t even [link]
- More tumblrs, this time for people who like things organised neatly and things organised neatly in the case of a hypothetical fire.